Senior Frontend Developer - Shopify
Web Developer, Shopify
Are you a talented Shopify Developer with a passion for writing excellent code and delivering amazing user experiences? Are you a self-starter with a passion for the exciting world of industrial design innovation?
Transformer Table is looking to add an Intermediate Web Developer with strong front-end technology skills looking to further refine their craft by creating rich and engaging experiences on our Shopify websites and beyond. As a core member of the ecommerce team, you will have the responsibility and authority to implement innovative ideas through collaboration with designers, product strategists and senior leadership.
Transformer Table is one of the fastest-growing startups in Canada, headquartered in the greater Montreal area. Since its incorporation in 2016, Transformer Table has grown exponentially, building a client base worldwide. In fact, we have tripled our revenue year over year since the start. And we are only just beginning.
Working with retailers such as Costco, Staples & Homesense, appearing on Dragons Den, presenting at hundreds of trade-shows across North America, plus our successful $6M+ funded campaign on Kickstarter has sparked the Transformer revolution as we expand our footprint into other categories of consumer furniture.
About the role
Our ecommerce team leads the evolution of our primary consumer sales channel with the goal of building the world’s best online shopping experience. While we’re focused on having you develop and expand your technical skills, we also want you to become an expert in our business, understand the ins and outs of our process, and contribute your expertise to make it better.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and evolve our custom Shopify themes according to industry standards with regards to HTML semantic structure, accessibility, performance, asset optimization, and screen responsiveness.
- Work alongside team members to help build our product roadmaps, and conceptualize innovative ecommerce solutions.
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use, and properly document for code standards and workflows.
- Effectively share your current task progress and potential blockers through continued communication with project teams.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 3-4 years of Shopify development experience, preferably agency-side.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great sense of teamwork.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and comprehension of greater business objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Strong desire to help our businesses grow.
- Passionate about technology.
- Backend development and/or API development is a great asset.
Bonus Points for...
- Familiarity with design software tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision.
- Meticulous use of version control.
- Hobbies and a sense of humor!
- Limitless opportunities
- Free lunch every Friday
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Discounts on our products
- Annual performance bonus
- Comfortable work environment
- We like to have fun!
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter highlighting what resonates with you about this position. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!
Transformer Table is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.